Deputy Chief Executive Officer II
Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA), Malaysia
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from the National University of Malaysia (UKM).
- Joined the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) as an Economic Affairs Officer in 1989.
- Worked primarily in the Foreign Investment Division, which is MIDA’s frontline division for attracting and facilitating foreign investments into the country.
- From September 1994, served as the Deputy Director of MIDA Cologne, Germany for 6 years, promoting Malaysia as an investment destination to companies in Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Austria and other Eastern European countries.
- Beginning year 2009, served as the Director of MIDA New York for 4 years, promoting Malaysia to investors in East Coast of USA.
- Served as Director of Foreign Investment Division upon returning from New York in 2013.
- Beginning May 2015, served as the Executive Director of Investment Promotion and led 3 divisions of MIDA, namely Foreign Investment, Domestic Investment and Corporate Communications. In addition, supervise the coordination of MIDA’s 12 state offices and 23 overseas offices.
- Currently, serve as Deputy Chief Executive Officer II of MIDA.
- As part of the MIDA Management Team, attended the Senior Executive course at the Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University USA in 2011.